World AIDS Day 2018 theme encourages everyone to know their HIV status
This year will mark the 30th anniversary for World AIDS Day. This year the theme is ” Know your status”
What to know about this day
- Three in four people living with HIV know their status
- HIV testing is crucial to ensure people living with HIV can lead a healthy and productive life
- Encourage HIV prevention by protecting themselves and their loved ones.
- Globally, there are an estimate 36.7 million people who have the virus.
- 1st December is to remind the public and government that HIV has not gone away and there is still a huge need to raise awareness, improve education on this virus and to raise much needed funds.