Nowadays, corporate wellness is not a luxury, it is becoming a necessary component of a corporate structure. Leaders of companies are now realising that looking after the wellbeing of their employees affects the overall company is a hugely positive way. Implementing a corporate wellness strategy has many benefits to a company including increasing employee retention, decreasing absenteeism levels and increasing the level of productivity and employee morale.
As a workplace wellness programme in companies is becoming more and more important, global businesses are now including a wellness programme into their company strategy. There are many ways in which they are doing this to ensure that the wellness programme is reaching the highest engagement it can throughout its workforce.
Some ways in which companies are implementing their wellness programmes into their overall company strategy:
- Promoting health and wellness in their company’s branding and overall marketing strategy
- Making their wellness programmes as accessible as possible to their employees. Companies are achieving this by implementing workplace wellness platforms or employee engagement platforms. This allows their employees to access and engage with other employees in relation to their company wellness programme.
- Ensuring employees working environment is safe and as healthy as possible
Ensuring that wellness programmes are effective and are having a positive effect on employees, regular surveys are recommended to measure the level of wellness among employees in the workplace. Wellness programmes need to be constantly altered to fit the ever-changing needs of employees. If a wellness programme can always be measured and changed to fit the culture of the company, then the employees will get the most from that wellness programme.
There are many different elements in the future of workplace wellness, including onsite fitness facilities, free access to health coaches, nutrition guidelines, health screenings and on-site one to one programmes. These are just some of the aspects of wellness programmes that are in the future for companies around the globe.
Employees are becoming more and more selective as to where they want to work. Having a wellness programme in place is now a criterion for many employees when choosing a company they wish to work for. Companies who do not have a wellness employee programme in place and going to lose out on great employees and will struggle to hold on to valuable employees as they chose to work for a company that will provide a working environment that is healthy and positive.
There are many ways in which companies can start bringing more wellness to their employees including:
- Offering healthier food alternatives in the staff canteen
- Creating a work challenge to encourage employees to move more and will also help with team building
- Offer employee fitness classes etc in work. Lunchtime is a great time to do this
- Have a walking trail which will encourage employees to have more walking meetings or to have a quick walk at lunch
- Provide height-adjustable standing desks so employees are not sitting on a chair for 8 hours straight
Investing in your employee’s workplace wellbeing is the best way to ensure their long-term resiliency and commitment. If your employees are happy and healthy this will be the best driving force for success for any company. A company is only as good as its employees.