Psychological safety at work can be defined as an environment where employees feel comfortable and empowered to engage in work processes, without fear of negative repercussions, comments, and behaviors from others including the management.
Creating psychological safety in the workplace typically requires significant commitment, energy, and skill, and is a highly dynamic process that can present many unique challenges.Since the COVID-19 pandemic, the need for an ISO standard and a human-centered approach to mental health has been strengthened and prioritised. Mental health awareness trainings, stress management, and employee assistance programmes continue to be on the increase.
This E-Book which has been created by our team of Wellbeing Specialists and explores the below topics:
- What is psychological safety at work?
- Benefits of a psychologically safe workplace
- Managing psychosocial risks: The New ISO 45003
- Six strategies to create psychological safety in the workplace:
- What your organisation can do to promote psychological safety