Effective Date: July 20th, 2021
Your privacy is very important to us. Before we get to the details, check out our Privacy Label to see a summary of our privacy practices.
Collection and Sale of Data
Do we sell your personal information? No
Do we share your data with third-party API partners? No
Do we share aggregate information with employers? Yes (In line with the relevant legislation for your geographic region.)
Do we use sensitive categories of data, like health information? Yes, but only with your explicit consent.
Do we delete your data when you request account deletion? Yes
Do we retain your data for as long as we need it unless you request deletion? Yes
Privacy Tools and Controls
Can you control who sees your activity and content? Yes
Can you control who sees your location-based activity? Yes
Can you request the download and deletion of your data? Yes
Do we track your device location to provide Zevo Services to you? No
Do we track your device location while you are not using the app? No
Do we track your browsing activities on other sites? No
Do we listen to you using your device’s microphone? No
Do we send you marketing communications with opt-out? Yes, once you have opted in.
Do we use push notifications with opt-out? Yes
For further information on how we process your information, please use the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information Zevo Collects
- Disclosure and additional uses of your information
- Data Transfers
- Retention of Information
- Control Over Your Information
- Updates to Our Privacy Notice
Zevo Health (Zevo) is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and our Services are provided to you by The Healthiest Workplace. In the case of our mobile or desktop portal (the “Platform”) users, Zevo and/or its subsidiary companies have entered into an agreement with your employer to provide services and/or grant you access to the application (the “Employer Agreement”). Zevo Health shall be the controller of your personal data entered into the application. Your employer is not the data controller of any such personal data, nor shall they receive access to such data. If required, your employer may solely determine the name and email address of employees who will be given access to one or more of the applications. Zevo Health will process all your personal data on a lawful basis in compliance with the relevant legislation for your geographic region. The information you provide to us and/ or upload to the platform(whether it constitutes personal data or not) will be governed by the Employer Agreement. References in this policy to “your employer” shall refer to the entity who has entered into the Employer Agreement with us, whether or not as a matter of law you are an employee, consultant, or contractor of that entity, and such references are not intended to characterize or prejudice your status vis-à-vis that entity. In addition, other entities who purchase licenses for the application may also act as joint controllers vis-à-vis Zevo and your employer based on that contract.
In the case of Marketing Contacts, we are the data controller in respect of your personal data. We are also the data controller in respect of contact information for each client contact which we hold for account and contract management purposes, including for contract queries and billing purposes.
42 Pearse Street
Information Zevo Collects
Zevo collects information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you, if you or your other users choose to share it with Zevo. We receive information in a few different ways through the use of our Services. Zevo also collects information about how you use the Services. These are outlined below.
Account and Profile Information
We collect basic account information such as your name, email address, date of birth, gender, username, and password that helps secure and provide you with access to our Services. Additional personal information is collected about you when you choose to upload a profile picture. We use profile contact information so we can respond to your support requests and comments.
When you use the Platform, we will keep a record of the details of that usage, including the date, time, location, frequency, and duration of the usage. We gather information from the surveys, photos, posts, comments, likes, ratings, reviews, and other content you share on the Services, including when you participate in groups or challenges. Other information about your use of the Platform, including the screens you have viewed, the duration spent on the Platform, and data you have uploaded to the Platform. We are not responsible for the information you choose to make public in any of the community networking features available on or through the Service.
Connected Devices and 3rd parties
If you link your Zevo account to other ‘fitness trackers’ and share your activities, they will be viewable on such third-party platforms, including your location information. You should use caution when sharing information via third parties and you should carefully review the privacy practices of such third parties. We may receive or collect information about you from third parties and combine and store it on our servers with other information we may have already received or collected from you. These third-party ‘trackers’ include Garmin, Apple, Strava, FitBit, and Google. This information will be used by Zevo solely for displaying your own personal dashboard and challenge leader board standings and is limited to steps, distance, and calories. Zevo will never share any data with one of these 3rd party processors.
We will also store any exercises you manually record or challenges you take place in. However, we will not at any time record location information with the exception of when you record an exercise session through the application.
Online Counseling Services
When you use the Service, we collect additional information that you provide to us such as your preferences related to our Counsellors, your level of commitment to different types of services, your availability for matches to our Counsellors, your location, your communication preferences (e.g. language, phone number, email), information related to your match with Counsellors, and information related to scheduling and completing your visits with Counsellors, such as session date, time, status and attendance. In certain circumstances, we may collect payment information. We also may collect information about your progress in using the Service if you choose to provide such information to us.
Counseling sessions will be conducted via the online platforms Zoom, Google Hangouts or Whereby. You will need to access these facilities on your computer or phone which is free to download and set up a user name. Conversations are encrypted. Details of third-party providers are set out in the section below entitled “Disclosure and additional uses of your information”.
Technical Information and Log Files
We track visits to our website and applications and use visitor logs to compile anonymous aggregate statistics, (e.g., information such as your web requests, browser type, browser language, domain names, IP address, referring and exit pages, URLs, platform type, pages viewed and the paths you took on our website). We use this information to analyze trends, improve our design, and otherwise enhance our website and applications.
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, other companies within our group, subcontractors, and analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them. Details of third-party providers are set out in the section below entitled “Disclosure and additional uses of your information”.
If you are a client user (using the Platform as a representative of your employer), we may obtain further information about you from your employer, for example, to verify your eligibility to access and use the Platform; Any comments, opinions, and/or feedback you provide to us regarding the Platform. During any trial period that you may participate in or thereafter, your employer will be asked to show that consent has been given for the sharing of your information. This information may include your name, age, company email address, company telephone number, job title, level of seniority, department, and primary office location; otherwise in the course of your employer’s use of the Applications.
For Marketing Contacts, we will collect and process personal data that you provide us when you complete an inquiry via a website or register for a trial or otherwise contact us to request information about our products and services. We will typically obtain contact information such as your name, employer, email address, and work telephone number. We may also receive further personal data about you which is publicly available, such as your seniority, years of experience and employment history, and similar work-related background, from third-party service providers who provide contact enrichment and lead generation services to us. We shall also store and process data relating to your communications with us and your responses to our marketing emails and attendance at our events.
Disclosure and additional uses of your information
Using the information, we collect, we can deliver the service to you and honor the terms of the contract with you or your employer. For example, we need to use your information to provide you with a dashboard for tracking your exercise, activity, and other trends; to enable the community features of the services, and to give you customer support.
Zevo uses the information we collect and receive to operate the Services and to customize them for you. We also use the information we collect to process payments, provide support related to the Services, protect members and enforce our Terms of Service, promote safety, and communicate with you (including to send marketing and push communications) where you have not opted out of receiving such messages and notifications. Zevo may notify you about changes to the Applications and any other services of ours that you use, including informing you about new versions of the Applications and about new features, functionality, and service offerings.
We also use the information we collect to analyze, develop and improve the Services. To do this, Zevo may use third-party analytics providers to gain insights into how our Services are used and to help us improve the Services. Zevo may contact you for your feedback on our Services and help us evaluate and improve our Services, for example by acting on any information you have provided to us.
Please note that Zevo will not undertake any anonymized analysis via the application by specific reference to any special categories of personal data (including racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, health data, wellbeing data, sex life or sexual orientation) unless this has been expressly requested or configured by your employer. Where this is the case, it is your employer’s responsibility to ensure they have obtained your explicit consent to such processing.
Your activities and activity data associated with your account are not disclosed by default. You may decide to allow others to view your summary activity data by joining an individual or team. When you interact with others in these ways, you will be displaying your data relating to the challenge or leader board (e.g., aggregate number of steps during the duration of a steps Leader board or Challenge). You can also join groups and make connections with other users. Other users will know that you are a member of that group and will see the information you share within the group.
If you are an Application user, please note that usage and activity logs provided by you during your use of the application may be collated and conveyed to your employer in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form. As such, your anonymity as an application user is protected by default. Please also note that we merely report the usage and activity and do not undertake any investigation or assessment into their veracity or legality. Feedback and comments provided by you during surveys are collated and conveyed to your employer in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form. As such, your anonymity as a Survey Recipient is protected by default. Please also note that we merely report the feedback and comments and do not undertake any investigation or assessment into their veracity or legality.
From time to time we may receive a request from your employer to disclose your identity or we may consider it appropriate to disclose your identity in the absence of such a request. We will consider this in accordance with our internal policy on revealing anonymity. Your identity will in general only be disclosed to your employer where it is necessary to do so for reasons of substantial public interest or risk to the individual. This is only likely to occur in exceptional circumstances.
Except as explained above, we will not disclose your personal data to any third parties for any other purpose unless we have a legal right or obligation to do so.
Please note that we will not reveal your identity to an employer other than in exceptional circumstances, as explained further below in the section entitled “Categories of Recipients of Personal Data”. If agreed as part of the Employer Agreement with Zevo Health, data collected from you and other employees may be used by us in an aggregated and anonymized form for statistical and benchmarking purposes including enabling comparisons to other organizations within the same industry.
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your account on the service.
- To carry out our obligations arising from the Employer Agreement, Zevo may aggregate the information you and others make available in connection with the service and share it with your employer. To do this, we remove certain account information, such as your name, and combine the resulting information with similar information from other users. This includes providing your employer with reports and analysis summarising information’s provided during your use of the Application, including challenge results.
- Use the information we collect to analyze, develop and improve the Services.
- Use third-party analytics providers to gain insights into how our services are used and to help us improve the services.
- Use during troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes.
- Use as part of our efforts to keep the Application safe and secure.
Third-Party Business via API or Other Integrations
Third-party data is the information we receive from other sources. We may combine information from other sources with the information you give to us or we collect about you and use this information as specified above. You can choose to sync your activity data with Zevo. If you choose to synch activity data (such as steps, distance, etc.) from your device, you choose to participate in ‘Insights’ and you will be presented with an Insights section in your application in which you will be provided with recommendations and motivational messages, information and links to articles that may be of interest to you based upon your activity data, and a comparison of your activity data with aggregated activity data of others in the community. Should you choose to do this you the legal basis is your explicit consent, it can be removed at any time through your account. We may also engage third-party service providers to work with us to administer and provide the services. These third-party services providers have access to your personal information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) customer service activities; and (iv) in connection with the provision of the application. Zevo has executed appropriate agreements with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Digital Ocean provides cloud-hosted infrastructure and services used by us to operate the Applications. https://www.digitalocean.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Google Analytics provides Web-based Analytics services to help improve our products and services. https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Zendesk provides the platform for customer support and case management. https://www.zendesk.com/company/agreements-and-terms/privacy-policy/
- SendGrid provides product tools and functionality used by us for email delivery. Note Twilio is the parent company https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy
- Hubspot provides marketing and CRM management and delivery services. https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
- Qualtrics provides survey management tools. https://www.qualtrics.com/privacy-statement/
- Stripe provides payment processing and invoicing. https://stripe.com/ie/privacy
- Zoom provides online video conferencing services. https://zoom.us/privacy
- Google Hangouts provides online video conferencing services. https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Whereby provides online video conferencing services. https://whereby.com/information/tos/privacy-policy/
We require all our third-party service providers and all other companies within our group to take appropriate and stringent security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and/or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information about you to the government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary, proportionate, or appropriate:
- To respond to claims or legal processes and comply with law enforcement or security requests (including subpoenas, warrants, or court orders);
- To protect your, our, or other’s property, rights and safety and the rights, property, and safety of a third party or the public in general;
- To prevent or stop any activity we consider illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- If we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies or accredited third-party security firms in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of unauthorized activities.
For personal data subject to the GDPR, we rely on several legal bases to process the data. When you have given your explicit consent, which you may withdraw at any time using your account settings and other tools. We shall also process your personal data on the legal basis that it is necessary to enable us to perform our contractual obligations under the Employer Agreement, to improve or optimize our services, to maintain the security of our computer systems, to understand how the Applications or other services is used and to improve the user experience of the Application or other Services, to protect and defend our legal rights, for troubleshooting, and for data analysis, testing and research purposes.
We do not transfer any Personal Data outside of the EEA. However, certain third parties providing services to Zevo may transfer data outside of the EEA for example, for storage purposes. These third parties are listed in the section ‘ Third-Party Business via API or Other Integrations
If this changes at any point in the future, this Privacy Notice will be updated to take account of this change. We only engage reputable third parties that provide appropriate safeguards, and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for data subjects are available. If you require further information about these protective measures, please contact Zevo DPO via email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will require a username or password to gain access to the Application. You must not share these details with anyone or store them in a way that may allow a third party to access them. You may also be asked to enter a company code and prove a valid company email.
We use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data. This includes using Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) to encrypt many of our Services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Application and you acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features that are appropriate to the type of personal data you have provided to try to prevent unauthorized access or inadvertent disclosure, which may include two-factor authentication and end-to-end encryption.
Retention of Information
Information connected to you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights that are valuable to Zeevo, such as statistics of the use of the Services. For example, we may retain depersonalized information to continue to improve the Services. This information will be de-associated with your name and other identifiers.
All counseling records will be maintained as required by the applicable legal and ethical standards according to the various counseling and psychotherapy professions licensing boards (e.g. The Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy), of the country in which the therapist resides. All Zevo Health therapists are based in Ireland. Recording of sessions is prohibited.
Control Over Your Information
You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- Portability. You have the right to obtain copies of your personal data to enable you to reuse your personal data across different services and with different companies. You may also request that your personal data is transmitted directly to another organization where this is technically feasible using our data processing systems. Please include your name, email, and a clear description of your request.
- Access. You have the right to access information about the personal data we hold about you. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
- Right to object to processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where that processing is being undertaken by us based on our (or a third party’s) legitimate interest. In such a case we are required to cease processing your data unless we can demonstrate compelling grounds which override your objection. As outlined, we do not use your data for direct marketing. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing by us of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Rectification. You have the right to request that we rectify any inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
- Erasure. You have the right to request that we erase any personal data that we hold about you, based on one of a number of grounds, including the withdrawal of your consent (where our processing of that data is undertaken on the basis of your consent), or if your object to our continued processing (as mentioned above). Please include your full name, the email address associated with your account, and a detailed description of your data request. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws.
- Your erasure right does not extend to information that is not personal data. Please also note that it is likely to be necessary for us to retain your personal data for the purposes of assessing and verifying data that is submitted and/or held on the Application, and your rights under applicable law to request erasure may be limited accordingly. We also reserve the right to retain your personal data in an anonymized form for statistical and benchmarking purposes.
- Request to restriction of the processing. This enables you to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Your rights detailed above can be exercised free of charge in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please contact your employer directly if you would like to exercise any of these rights. It is your employer’s obligation to inform Zevo via email@example.com.
Please note that if you exercise any of the above rights to require us to restrict or cease processing or to delete personal data, and this type of processing is required in order to facilitate your use of the Application or other service, you will no longer be able to use the Application or other service following the date on which we action your request. Please allow at least 5 working days for your request to be actioned, once Zevo is informed by your employer of the request.
If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, you also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority in your country. In Ireland, the relevant authority is the Data Protection Commission.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice